Author Joyce Mokhesi-Parker.
- Hyperbolic Differential Operators and Related Problems.
- Steroid Hormone Receptor Systems.
- Record Citations.
- Asphalt Surfacings?
- Moral Luck;
- In the Shadow of Sharpeville: Apartheid and Criminal Justice!
Pages Language English. ISBN Media Book.
Format Hardcover. DEWEY Year Publication Date Imprint New York University Press.
Subtitle Criminal Justice and Apartheid. Country of Publication United States. Place of Publication New York. Publisher New York University Press.
After an unprecedented international campaign, the prisoners were ultimately granted clemency and released. In the Shadow of Sharpeville explores the case in comprehensive, personal detail.
- The Mormon Conspiracy; A Flying Adventure?
- Towards Justice?: Crime and State Control in South Africa - Google книги;
- - Document - IN THE SHADOW OF SHARPEVILLE: APARTHEID AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE.
- The Low GI Shoppers Guide to GI Values 2011: The Authoritative Source of Glycemic Index Values for 1200 Foods.
Among the "Sharpeville Six" was Francis Mokhesi, whose sister, Joyce Mokhesi-Parker and coauthor, Peter Parker, here scrutinize the crime and its investigation by the police, the prosecution's case, and the response of the defense. They argue convincingly that the convictions were obtained because of the inventiveness of the judge and the selective attention paid to the evidence. The authors further examine the corrupting effect of the system on its victims, using Francis Mokhesi's letters from death row to show how an individual responds to the pain and fear of impending execution.
In the Shadow of Sharpevill reveals the obduracy of a regime which refused to understand how indefensible its behavior had become and which still believed that a state could declare war on its people and win. Peter Parker graduated in history from Oxford University and has worked extensively as a journalist.